Veda By Imiloa
An Ayurvedic Sanctuary
Imiloa is a Hawaiian word that translates into “creativity expressed through wonder and imagination.” Veda is “truth and wisdom.”
At Veda by Imiloa, we believe in the creative capacity of the body to know itself and in that knowledge, heal itself.
Perched on a mountain, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, featuring 160-180 year old private villas imported from the Java Islands, Bali, Veda by Imiloa is a serene, once-in-a-lifetime experience of health, well-being and rejuvenation designed just for you in the untouched jungles of Costa Rica.
Featuring all the amenities of home, many who visit us here share that they feel at “home in their transformation.”
Veda by Imiloa is led and designed by Ayurvedic practitioner Jessica Kruse alongside a hospitality team of twelve, consistently ranked as one of the best in Costa Rica.
The Seven Night Panchakarma
Veda by Imiloa facilitates a 7-night Panchakarma designed for your unique needs. If desired, we consider 21-night and 30-night Panchakarma after an initial consult only.
Panchakarma is a cleansing and rejuvenation series of therapies of Ayurvedic medicine. Practiced for thousands of years, Panchakarma, designed for you at Veda by Imiloa, will improve health by strengthening immunity, removing and resolving stress, restoring enthusiasm and perhaps most importantly: reconnecting you with you.
The 7-Night Program is individually designed to gently and effectively transform the body’s ability to heal, remove toxins from the channels and calmly help restore digestive power, which is the foundation of all health principles in Ayurveda practice.
Panchakarma is open to all people who need a rest and re-wire from daily life, while diving deep into proactive strategies for health and well being. There are no age limit or other requirement – we consider each application individually based on the needs and desires of the client.
You will be immersed in a 22-acre Jungle Oasis in Dominical, Costa Rica.
This enchanted jungle venue is the perfect setting to experience the beauty of nature in a luxurious environment.
From a private waterfall to a 5 Star Vegan Chef, they really have it all.
Jessica Kruse (lavidaveda.ca) is an Ayurveda Practitioner, Remedial Massage Therapist, E-RYT 200 & S.I.T. (Subconscious Imprinting Technique) Practitioner.
Her studies and practice have brought her around the world. She’s continued to apprentice and mentor with her first teacher of Ayurveda Dr.Jaisri Lambert (NAMA) for over a dozen years.
Ms. Kruse has received a unique, highly specialized apprenticeship of advanced clinical study with renowned Ayurvedic physicians Dr. Kesari and Dr. Ramkumar at Vaidyagrama in India and with Dr. Vasant Lad in both the United States and India.
Ms. Kruse and her team have treated thousands of patients around the world. They specialize in Ayurvedic pulse reading, diet and lifestyle consultations and counselling, Ayurveda cuisine, Ayurveda Yoga Therapy, Turiya Therapy (Marma Chikitsa), Clinical and Ayurveda massage therapy, holistic aesthetics & beauty treatments.
CHEF PEDRO PRADHU
One of the most sought after chefs in Central and North America for his vegan cuisine, Chef Pedro Pradhu graduated from the National Learning Institute of Costa Rica in 2010 with focus on culinary arts.
He has deepened his studies as an apprentice with several master chefs in the fields of raw, vegan, gluten-free and ayurvedic cooking. Included in his culinary masterpieces is the wisdom of endemic plants and a focus on foods that generate vital life force energy.
Besides being the lead chef at Veda by Imiloa, Mr. Pradhu is the owner of La Botánica, an educational hub, focused on inspiring workshops in the area of raw and vegan cuisine, community building and transforming the next generation of culinary leaders.
- Private SUV shuttle from San Jose Airport to Imiloa Institute (just outside Dominical). Drive time is three hours on a paved road.
- Upgrade: Private flight from SJO to our landing stripe in 20 minute flight, 20 minute drive (+$750)
- Gorgeous 200 year old home accommodations, private plunge pool, hand-carved Balinese architecture, comfy beds with 850 thread count sheets, full kitchen for easy access to anything additional you may need and food brought to your room, full spa and cleansing protocol in-villa
- Full in-take and health evaluation and post journey follow up. (7-night Prep from home, 7-Nights in Costa Rica, 7-night follow up)
- Home-cooked ayurvedic meals by Chef Pedro served in-villa in between rest and treatments
- Twenty two untouched acres featuring all sorts of micro-climates: Cliffside looking at the Pacific Ocean, the deep rain forest, jungle leading to our private waterfall, and mountainous terrain at the rear of campus
- Miles of jungle paths for you to walk in shade, meditate, unwind and rejuvenate.
- Full herbal protocol with teas. Designed for your unique needs, all herbs and medicated ghee needed for the cleanse and rejuvenation periods will be provided
- 2+ hours of treatments and consultation daily (treatments include but are not limited to abhyanga warm oil massage, shirodhara, external therapeutic basti, nasya, specific diet and herbal protocols and marma and talk therapy (subconscious imprinting technique)
- Daily guided pranayama, meditation and gentle yoga class
- One exquisite and hands-on cooking class with recipes provided
- If appropriate, an afternoon beach day with lunch on the beach and light meditation practice.
*A customized gift bag- with Abhyanga oil, A Tongue Cleaner, A Journal
- Flight to San Jose, Costa Rica, travel insurance and medical insurance
- 7 Night Prep and Post protocol is done from the comfort of your own home with 2 1-hour Zoom meetings with Ms. Kruse and necessary PDF documents.
Space is limited: We only offer 2 weeks per month and upto 4 clients a week to optimize the health and wellness of our pristine nature, our team, Ms. Kruse, Mr. Pradhu and our guests.
If you’d like to apply, please do so below. We’ll be in touch within 48 business hours.