Let's work together
CAREERS AT IMILOA
At Imiloa, we work together towards a more conscious future. Take a look if you or someone you know wants to join us.
Community + Social Media Manager
Imiloa Institute, Costa Rica
Imiloa Institute is an intercontinental institute for the education and advancement of humanity.
We believe that through a posture of learning and spirit of service, we can powerfully catalyze the individual and social transformation which will create stronger communities.
The Institute, located in Dominical is a majestic, one of a kind, 20-acre private mountain-top property, with 180 degree sunset ocean views overlooking the entire Pacific from Manuel Antonio in the north to the Osa Peninsula and Cano Island in the south.
This is the first of six initially planned institutes with locations on every continent on the planet.
It is a complete natural paradise complete with 17 luxury accommodations (We didn’t cut a tree for its development), a private waterfall, 3,000 sq ft House of Masters (Yoga Pavillion), 2,500 sq ft Heart (dining and lounging), spa, miles of trails, Pacific views and jungle vibes.
This is a very unique position. Please read carefully.
We are looking for an inspired Director-level position of Community Relations and Social Media to work in parallel with our sales and marketing team, as well as our property management team at Imiloa.
It is Social Media content creator, VIP Host on the ground with our guests and working with property management and kitchen team, as well as Community Relations and Initiatives with our projects in the community.
You will need to:
- Implement best practice strategies for hosting our event guests (20-40 participants per retreat at an average of 3.8 retreats per month), working the event as a VIP Host, interacting with and managing requests of every guest and the team that is surrounding you. For VIP Host portion of position, you will report to the COO.
- Preparing and carrying through on logistics for revenue goals, leveraging social media and interacting daily with sales and marketing team. You will be expected to be communicating with potential participants on social media, potential masters and hosts, generating leads and telling the story of Imiloa across all platforms.
- Superb English and Spanish skills as you will be required to draft Content Marketing materials like newsletters to our 10,000s subscribers.
- Be a (social media) skilled photographer, storyteller and videographer (with phone)
- Interact with our local community on community initiatives when not in retreat and not running social media. You will have an associate who reports to you to support you on all initiatives and who will “own” community relations with you as its manager.
The right candidate will have the optimal blend of passion for social media, customer service, event coordination, team player, creating wonderful environment in hospitality.
A team player who has an appreciation of what it takes to create the best experience for our clients and their guests.
We’re especially looking for someone with marketing, sales, social media, great people and logistics skills, as you’ll be expected to interact with providers, guests and team members on a daily basis. Preference will be given to candidates who plan to stay and grow with our company for the foreseeable future.
Ideally looking for someone who has marketing/hospitality and/or event coordination experience and administration, organizational and coordination skills. We are seeking for fun, outgoing, and high-energy individual to join our team.
You will be responsible for personalized engagement, story creation, written post creation, answering inquiries and proactively reaching to potential retreat clients and participants.
More broadly, this position is for an individual who sees the potential of the mastery being shared at Imiloa, its natural beauty and is committed to finding ways to share the stories, the moments and the impact Imiloa is having on those that visit here with the world.
Every post, every interaction, every outreach and hashtag and comment must be aligned with this vision, for it is our ability to engage on social media that can catalyze the growth of the Institute and serve human beings.
You will develop strategies for outreach, in conjunction with our sales and relationship team. You’ll take unbelievable photos and videos, and discover ways of engaging that are far more thoughtful and transformative than how much social media accounts and programs are handled.
You’ll be responsible for generating at least one sale per month of a retreat. Your KPIs will be holistic: number of video views, likes, comments, engagement, but also how we’re educating and sharing what’s happening at Imiloa and getting more people engaged with the brand in a meaningful way.
A team player who has an appreciation of what it takes to convert a lead into a lifelong client. Sales for us is value; we’re delivering an unbelievable amount of value daily; 90% of customers re-book within their first week of being at Imiloa, 97% of 2,000 participants have rated us 5-star in every experience.
Social media is a mechanism by which someone can become introduced to, and obsessed with, Imiloa. Many of our largest clients have found us on social media. It’s imperative we are engaged and tuned in to the world around us.
Ideally looking for someone who has hospitality and/or personal development sales experience, success in building social media accounts and engagement.
Read more about our company at: www.imiloaInstitute.com
- Create an effective and optimized posting, engaging, commenting system that is both educational (Institute related) and converting (Sales related).
- Create alliances, partnerships and programs that align with sales and social goals that align with the vision and values goals of Imiloa.
- Excel at 5 star reviews by every guest during the experience
- Engage and begin catalyzing the individual and social transformation of our community beginning with Hatillo, but building processes that can be scaled worldwide.
- Leverage existing social success, momentum, brand awareness and superior service in order to develop and implement strategic social media plan that shares the teachings and mastery of those hosting here, and the experiences of those attending retreat here, and finally, the incredible team that call Imiloa home
- Collaborate with CRO to generate retreat revenue.
- Introduce any leads to Head of Relationships for booking Discovery Calls (sales metric)
- Build understanding, effectiveness, and efficiency across our sales processes and pipeline
- Complete accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers
- Designing excellent follow up email and phone call strategies that is subtle and non-salesy
- Contribute to improvements in our sales processes and systems
- We strongly believe in our socials team having an intimate knowledge of our product offering. During your training, you’ll go through our events training and assist our events team as a secondary member. You’ll also be present on the ground during events.
- Looking after the 2 community centered events per month.
- Creation of Imiloa Store products
- Vendor relationships
- Creating and managing the SOP
- Creating a value proposition for sales of new products and services that could be offered to Imiloa retreat guests as a way to increase profits and revenue.
- Working with the marketing team to promote products on website, social media and offerings during retreats
3. VIP HOST
- Lead member of the “Welcome Home Team at Imiloa”; the team that curates the experience from ticketing, to touchdown, to takeoff. It’s a Customer Journey Experience.
- Being on hand for 5-8 hours per work day during retreat, welcoming guests, fielding inquiries, creating social media posts, scheduling posts and focused on saving stories to phone for later publishing.
- Coordinating with Chef and any other Imiloa Staff of extra requests during retreat approved by Director of Retreats.
- Create effective tools for the coordination of the food experience guests have once they arrive to Imiloa and their journey while at the land.
- Creation of checklists for meetings with Operations team regarding based on schedule experience and meals /snacks/ special requests in order to use this with Kitchen staff to ensure nothing was missed during the retreat experience based on agreed terms which were provided to you by Director of Retreats.Being the face of Imiloa during retreats at specific schedules already agreed with Director of Retreats, ensuring guests they can come to you and relay any needs and see how we can best service those. Be one step ahead.
- Assisting the team in any way during the welcome (carrying bags) during the retreat (ensuring water and fruit, tea area is organized accordingly) and other aspects of hosting.
- Attend all meetings for retreat logistic coordination with Director of Retreats to ensure all information needed for the event is given to be able to understand the flow of the schedule, special requests and be prepared before the guests arrive.
- Must live in Costa Rica
- Spanish is a must, English written skills 100%
- 2+ years’ experience working in a digital marketing role
- Multiple examples of work that has built audience, converted sales, showcasing beautiful and thought provoking posts.
- Excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Strong working knowledge of social media software
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Event management or Hosting experience
EXAMPLES OF KPI’S:
- 20 Instagram posts per month (unique, not the same as FB)
- 20 Facebook posts per month
- 1 story (however many 15-second clips) per day (20 stories on FB and 20 stories on IG per month)
- 300 direct messages to potential clients as defined by sales and relationship team collaboratively
- 500 comments on other photos monthly based on strategy co-collaborated with sales and relationship team
- Effort to be connected to at least $15,000 in monthly revenue earned.
- Increase in overall followers, engagement and liked (organic) by 5% monthly across board.
We are excited to meet you. We will be expanding and creating together closely in collaboration. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
To apply: [email protected]
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting your resume:
- What do you love to do?
- Have you ever completed personal development courses?
- What’s your view on personal development?
- What’s your preferred way of contributing to people?